Wednesday 24 February 2016

reported speech-practice sheet

Change to reported / indirect speech using the introductory phrase in brackets!



Mary said, “I will play cards the day after tomorrow”. (Mary informed
me…)



Sophie said, “I went to bed early last night”. (Sophie expressed ….)



The teacher said to Jenny, “You have to learn your grammar”.(The
teacher asked Jenny…)



Monica said to the immigration officer, “This is my first trip to
England.” (Monica informed the immigration officer…)



He told me, “You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen”. (He
remarked me …)



Nick said, “I’m going to visit my parents next month”. (Nick declared
that …)



Lilly said, “My parents are fine”. (Lilly informed …)



 Gloria said, “I am sorry but I can’t come to your birthday party
because I am going away for the weekend.” (Gloria explained that ....)

Mark said, “My friend Gary has found a new job in the music business.”
(Mark informed that …)

No comments:

Post a Comment