Tuesday 12 September 2017

GRAMMAR PRACTICE SHEET 10th std


GRAMMAR PRACTICE SHEET 10th std

Complete the following paragraphs by filling in the blanks with the help of given
options.

1. I'm not going to the camp but Martha is going (a) ............Tell her to get there on time!
Don’t worry. I (b)............She will enjoy (c)......... as much as I will.
(a) (i) why (ii) there (iii) here (iv) where
(b) (i) could (ii) would (iii) won’t (iv) will
(c) (i) so (ii) it (iii) do (iv) on

2. I haven’t been abroad. My family hasn’t (a)............... Some of my friends were going on
a trip to china so i decided to join. (b)...........I thought it was a great idea, but my family
(c)........
(a) (i)neither (ii) nor (iii) either (iv) or
(b) (i) they (ii) them (iii) him (iv) her
(c) (i)didn’t (ii) did (iii) do (iv) don’t

3. Frank painted the room himself, but I wish he (a)................... He made a terrible mess
of (b) ........... Redoing the painting was one option, leaving it as it is the (c).....
(a) (i) hadn’t (ii) had (iii) did (iv) does
(b) (i) these (ii) this (iii) them (iv) it
(c) (i) one (ii) another (iii) other (iv) also

4. During the summer vacations, I wanted to learn swimming and karate. (a)......... are
useful skills but I decided to train for the (b)......... .After spending an hour each day in
the pool, I didn’t think I could do (c)........
(a) (i) few (ii) both (iii) all (iv) some
(b) (i) latter (ii) other (iii) former (iv) another
(c) (i) this (ii) those (iii) so (iv) as


Fill in the blanks with the correct word to avoid repetition. (a) I would love ski, but I’ll never be able .......... (b) I go to the library to borrow books. The ......... I borrow are usually science fictions.
(c) I hope the taxi arrives soon, if it ........... we will miss the flight.
(d) I thought I had seen the film earlier but I ............ (e) Did you take my scissors? I didn’t but Tina ............She is doing some craft work.
(f) The coach asked them to report at 6a.m and all of them did ..............

Look at the words and phrases below. Rearrange them to form meaningful
sentences
(a) requested / me / garage/ my son / to help / clean / the / I
(b) bookshelves / by/ librarian / the / books / the / were arranged / on / the /
(c) Weather / were / unable / due to / to go / out / We / bad

No comments:

Post a Comment